Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Martini Cove, San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

Martini Cove at sunrise

Ahoy!  We are back out on "the hook".  We sailed here yesterday with SVPeregrine from the Guaymas harbor.  It was a lovely day and the sea breeze was welcome.  We did not get a very early start so we decided to go to a destination not too far away.  It's about 93 degrees out here on the water and in the water!  The water is so warm that you need to swim around to find a cool spot.  This little cove is very pretty.  There is just enough room for our two boats and a spot for several run abouts to anchor.



Today we swam and swam in the crystal clear water  Here a picture of Mugg and Larry, they were the first ones in the water.  Tucker had a good swim and run on the beach. While I was walking Tucker on the beach I started picking up trash, I just can't help it.  I don't have any place to take it so I just made some piles way up the beach out of the tide line.  I found a set of rosary beads on the beach, so I guess you could say I found religion right there on the beach!

Earlier today I mentioned to Muggs that I had decided I liked the Mexican bands that have a tuba player in them.  When everyone else is asleep the tuba player usually keeps on playing! 

Well, about 7:30 a small run about cruises into the anchorage with low and behold an entire Mexican band on board, "Con Tuba".  They were playing their hearts outs.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't believe it.  The boat was overloaded with musicians and instruments.  It was way too funny.
It is expected to storm tomorrow, might head into San Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment