Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Village and all of the characters

The Village
The Village is an interesting place.  I finally made it over to the MUSEO and it was open!  What a cool place it is.  They have a wall full of shells all named properly, a wall full samples of all the rock in the area, again all named.  There are exhibits on gold mining, native Indians, bats, local people who made a difference in the Village and even a large display of antique equipment. There is a lot of history in that little tiny building.  Yep, there is a small gift shop too!

I have met a couple of local guys here as well.  Herman is a really "old" prospector with an amazing amount of stories.  I sat and had coffee with him the other day.  He finally talked me into walking over to his place and looking at his collections of books etc.,  We had a good laugh at all of his pick up lines and I really did enjoy talking with him.

I have also met Murray and his wife.  He drive around with a water tank in the back of his pick up truck.  I have been able to fill my gerry jugs for free with non-potable water from the community water tank.  I am using that water to do laundry.  He said he had to strain out the ants the last time he filled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment