Saturday, February 1, 2014

First Voyage of 2014

The SVAquadesaic was put up on the hard at RAM Marina on the Rio Dulce in June 2013 (the start of hurricane season) for some rudder repair, bottom paint and a new 2014 survey for insurance. The first leg of our 2014 sailing season starts with a trip down the Rio Dulce, Guatemala to Roatan, Honduras. As you follow the track you might notice that they, the captain and crew, sailed almost the entire way.  This was due to the failure of the saltwater impeller.  A small part that is a critical item needed to run the engine.  I was not on board for this portion of the trip and the data is slow to come in so I don't know what happened to the spare impeller.  I do know that so far this sailing season I have not been seasick, due to the fact I'm sitting on my lovely deck overlooking the river in our back yard.  Its off to a good start I would say.
http://www.findmespot.com/spotadventures/index.php/view_adventure?tripid=328162

No comments:

Post a Comment