Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another lazy day in the B of LA

Ahh, the internet and A/C with a view of the boat out in the Bahia de Los Angeles.  We have enjoyed our stay up here and have met many, many new friends near the top of the Sea.  We will not go any farther North this season and are already making plans to head South.

I have added several new blogs to my list of blogs that I follow in an effort to share some of the experiences of the Sea with everyone.  So check them out if you get a chance.

We finally made it to a Full Moon party which was very fun.  It is a great way to actually get to meet people from boats you see in anchorages and hear on the radio.  For me sometimes it is a bit tough trying to remember people's names, boat names, kids' names, animals names...  And these sailor guys all look alike!  Floppy hat, week old beard, old stained t-shirt, old stained swim suit and sunglasses.  The women, kids and dogs are much easier to keep track of.  I have been keeping track of boats I've seen up here this season and I am currently at 50.  From what I understand that is an all time high.  But, I can't remember who told me that and how they would actually know that fact.  I was just keeping track because I was curious how many boats make the journey up here for the season.  I actually thought I would see more.

The party was fun.  During the day at the high tide a small estuary filled with water and everyone come over with a floaty of some kind and lazed around in the water with tiny fish, crabs and other sea creatures that need minimal water to survive.   Some folks organized a small swap meet on the beach and a potluck dinner with a campfire complete with marshmellows.  It was a cool enough day that many people actually brought hot food to the potluck.  There was lasagne, pasta, pizza, bread and lot's of deserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment