Monday, September 6, 2010

La Gringa

La Gringa Sept 6 & Sept 13 - About 11 miles North of the Village.  We have been to this anchorage twice now.  The first time we went over with SV Sea Bear to get out of the Village and so Doug could use the hookah to clean the bottom of the boat.  While Doug hooka’d I took Tucker over to the small estuary that was flooding on the tide.  The water was rip roaring into the estuary, it was really cool to watch.  Tucker, who by now is a real rusty water mutt went splashing off into the water not even having a clue about the tidal action and was swept into the estuary paddling like mad.  I hadn’t planned on going swimming so I just called him and he finally got out of the current and came paddling over so it was not very alarming.  What was alarming was when my dinghy suddenly appeared going through the same rapids with no one on board.  Dang, I really didn’t want to go in the water because I had heard that when the estuary had water in it, it also had sting rays, puffer fish, jelly’s and other things that bite.  Oh, well in I went and I started swimming like mad to catch up with the dinghy.  Looking over my shoulder I realized that Tucker was right behind me.  Ahh, man’s best friend.  It was a challenge catching the dinghy, grabbing the dog then dragging the dinghy out of the estuary while it was still flooding.  I did stop and dig up a few steamer clams which were abundant.  On our second trip over JC and I went over with a shovel and relocated more clams.  They were delicious; steamers for one meal and linguine for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment