Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Catching up SFO to PV by plane

We traveled light on our trip back to Mexico, well sort of, we had literally 3 bags of boat stuff, the dog, dog kennel and some underwear.  I noticed when we were in the inspection line to go through security that Doug still had his leather man on his belt.  K R A P was all I had to say.  We had to get out of line, not make a scene going against traffic in the airport and go and check our carry on $40 for the additional bag.  Expensive oversight, I tried to keep my mouth shut and just let the sweat run down my back.

Very uneventful fight on a small Mexicana plane.  They are very nice to the paying customer on Mexicana.  We get meals, drinks, a movie and a pillow and blanket all without any fuss.  It's also $75.00 cheaper to check in the dog.  I'm working on getting him validated as a emotional service dog, god know I could use that when we travel!  We flew from SFO to Puerto Vallarta.  We had arranged for a taxi from San Blas to pick us up.  It was actually the most economical choice since our plane was late and we would have missed the last buses to San Blas or Tepic and would have had to find a hotel room that allowed a dog late at night.

We had booked the same taxi driver that had taken us to PV from San Blas in December so we knew who to look for in the sea of taxi drivers.  The taxi driver from San Blas had a son who has a taxi service in PV so we were able to get in his cab, only certain cabs can come in the PV airport.  We left PV and headed to San Blas pretty late at night so there was not much site seeing to do.  We had asked the cab driver to stop at a stand to get some dinner.  He stopped at a hamburger/hotdog stand, not my first choice but I knew there was not much to eat on the boat.  The ride was pretty long 2.5 hours in the dark.  At every corner the cab driver would do the sign of the cross and kiss his fingers, made me a little nervous but I got over it.  I was awake in the back seat watching, I think Doug was asleep in the front seat.  For some reason the cab driver drove on the wrong side of the road most of the way, the only reason I could think of was that he was avoiding pot holes.  He was a very nice cabbie and I picked up his son's card for any future traveling to PV.  He also arranges tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment