Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tucker you can come out now




Everyone is gone now.  By New Years Day Tucker had had it.   A trip to the vet and some fluids for dehydration and he was back in the game.


January 6, 2010
Tucker just finished off a bowl of ill gotten chicken cacciatore.  Nap time!
This story starts with a Christmas gift.., my mother in law gave me a pressure cooker for Christmas. Apparently it is a must on a cruising boat. The only problem is I'm afraid of them. I don't know why exactly, I have absolutely no experience (good or bad) with them. Last night I opened the box and took out "the cooker" and read the directions. So far so good. I had most of the ingredients to make chicken cacciatore.


I did a little substituting red wine instead of white wine and French dressing instead of tomato paste.

Once the cooker started to rattle it only took 8 minutes to cook! Of course I stood on the other side of the room and made Doug go in the kitchen and turn the stove off and put the cooker under cold water. The cacciatore was pretty good. A lot like a crock pot meal. And the best thing was that "nothing" bad happened. Funny thing was last night when I was channel surfing on the T.V. there was a show on about phobias, they never mentioned fear of pressure cookers.



I was so impressed with my first cooker meal I took the leftovers over to my in laws for lunch today. They liked it as well, but I still had leftovers.... After the lunch meal I packed up and put the leftovers in my car. I needed to stop at the store on my way home so I left Tucker and the leftovers in the car, alone, together...

Tucker is feeling MUCH better now and I guess he has his appetite back! While I was in the store he opened the cacciatore container and ate all the rest of the leftovers. His head is now a strange shade of orange. His whole head went into the bowl and cleaned the sides as well.
We are planning our return trip to San Blas.  I will do some additional Post about San Blas and Chacala that I missed during our last week in Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment