Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Caleta San Juanico - May 11

It just keeps getting better and better.  Caleta San Juanico was so nice we stayed here for 3 whole days.  The diving, snorkeling, fishing and hiking were all very good.   We caught up to SVStrayCat, they had left Isla Coronado a few days before.  Our little fleet of ships now includes SVSeaBear, SVPeregrine, SVUbuntu and SVBlueDolphin.

Here are the pictures.

Caleta San Juanico has a little Cruisers Shrine.  It is a little tree clinging to the side of the shore with ALL kinds of stuff hanging off it and all around it.  Boat that have passed by have all left little mementos with the name of their boat and the names of people on board and the date.  It was pretty cool.
I also found a garbage burn pit hiding behind the bluff.  Yeah!  I took the opportunity to burn my trash.  All I had was one small bag, but still space is a premium.  I still can bring myself to toss anything but organics over the side.  I am hoping that at our stop in Bahia Concepcion they will have recycling.

Since I am tossing over all the organics there is zero garbage stink.  That's nice cause there are plenty of other things that can put off a stink.

I had a go at trying to make sourdough bread.  I brought a little starter packet.  I read the instructions like 12 times.  Then I reread the instructions another 12 times.  I was feeling pretty numb in the head with this whole bread making scheme.  I can't carry enough flour on board to feed a sourdough "Mother".  I had to put off making chocolate chips cookies because I needed it for bread.
Well my bread didn't come out too well.  I made one loaf that actually rose over an 1 inch!  I could slice it and make sandwiches.  Other then that I had a bunch of pizza dough and two hockey pucks!

We caught a lot of fish here in Caleta San Juanico and had a fish dinner on the beach with all the other folks.  I prepared Trigger Fish in Bacon Butter with grilled onions!  And breaded Damsel Fish.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment